Sunday, April 6, 2014

A hard weekend

Let me start off and say I love the messages that a delivered during conference. The last few conferences have been very hard for me. Yesterday we ha baseball so we got home when the first session ended. Then the 2nd session the kids were out side but missing a whole day (8am - 2pm) left me with a few things that had to get done. So the 2nd session I heard very little of.  Today the kids were kids, an then halfway through our video feed pooped out, and we spent the rest if the session listening and not watching after missing 2 talks. The afternoon session was probably, the best for listening purposes but the last hour the kids were kids again and were so done with listening, being told to read in their rooms etc. So sadly this weekend I am not feeling very uplifted. I did not post this to wine etc. I am sad when I see things that people post about conference, that I did not hear. I am glad they got their message that they needed. I guess I need to go with the attitude that I just need to hear the stuff later, not right now. I know that we all have a time and a season, but I admit I wish that during 2 weekends a year my kids would let me actually watch conference.   

The one line that I heard, and stood out to me was "He accomplishes his miracles 1 prayer and 1 person at a time." It was given by a sister in the primary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment