Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Faith

There has been lots of talk about the excommunication of a sister that was a member of the church. She created a group and is trying to get the church to give women the priesthood. I would guess there is only a small percentage of women in the church that agree with her. 

Why am I even writing this her? Well because I know that God wants us to get our own testimonies of the gospel and it's principles. We are encouraged to ask questions. But we are also told that we cannot receive revelation for anyone that we do not have stewardship over. I have loved the statements released by the church. They show love for thoses effected. 

How I felt the spirit in all this is truly by the stamens of the church. The tone was one of we love you still. We want you back but you have to decide you want to come back. I honestly think that is how our Savior talks to us when we make mistakes. Hey you made a mistake (sinned), but I still love you. I love you more than you can ever imagine. I am doing what I am doing to help you get out of the hole you are in. It will not be easy. But if you want to repent, and fix it I will be there for you. 

I hope somedays I am helping the Savior out by being his hands for someone who needs to know He loves them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment