Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Eggs?

As I was praying this morning Jed came running in and asked if it was time to makes eggs yet. I asked him to wait until I was done praying. While praying I got the thought, let him help you make them. I dislike the kids to help with the eggs because of the egg shells gross yoke etc. But I let him help me. He only wanted to do 1 but hey I listened right? I thought that I would find big times each day that the spirit would speak to me but I think I am finding that the spirit can be in small seemingly unimportant things.

Not sure who I felt prompted to help today, maybe it was Jed with the eggs. maybe it hasn't happened yet.

I found this quote this morning while reading
Sweet Moments by Bonnie D Parkin  "Mothers, you are instruments in God’s hands, with a divine responsibility to teach and nurture your children. Little ones so need your kind and loving hand. As you put them first, He will direct you how to best serve them."

It really helped me to remember what my true calling is here. Plus I have not been as lazy today. I made breakfast for the kids, went to the bus stop, did my workout (it was brutal). Went to Wegman's with beautiful snow falling everywhere. Then came home lunch, dishes, more laundry, cleaned the kitchen floor etc, threw dinner in the crock pot, did my regular blog. Now watching Little Einsteins with the kids while eating popcorn. I'd have to say that today has over all been a pretty good day. Now I realize there is 4 more hours until bedtime and I am missing 3 kids for 30 more min, but so far today is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment