Monday, March 31, 2014

Breathe

As we (Jed, Henry and I) were walking out of the library to the car (maybe 70 yards). Jed decides to call me stupid about 50 times, also telling me I'm the meanest person ever, and that I'm killing him. All because he couldn't check out a movie from the library (you see I really did deserve it). Normally I would have lost it with him when we reached the car, but I calmly put Henry in his seat, the walked to the back of the car where Jed was pouting. I got down to his level and told him how I felt when he said those words to me.  I kept my voice calm and cool. Needless to say he did not improve that moment. But, I kept my temper in control, I choose to show kindness when meanness was presented. 

I think daily we all have to choice to pick kindness or pick meanness. Which ever one we pick with have a huge impact on at the very least our day. 

I'm thankful that the spirit was there to help me stay calm and choose to be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment