Sunday, March 2, 2014

Music

Sunday's tend to be hard days for me to feel the spirit. Interesting Huh? Well with 2 kids 5 and under who have no desire to be quite during a 1 plus hour sacrament meeting. Then on to Primary where I watch my 5 year old make not so great choices in a large group setting only to go teach my 6 yr old's class to occasionally have the Spirit there.

There is one way that I can always feel the spirit on Sunday though. It is through the songs we sing. Our closing Song today (after a bit of a stressful meeting) Was Go Forth with Faith. I've song this song lots of times but as I was using my finger to point to Jed where we were the end of the 2nd verse really struck me.

Go forth to serve and do your best
With no thought of reward;
Then you shall know the boundless joy
Of serving Christ, the Lord.


I don't know why it hit me so hard today. But The Go forth to serve and do your best. That is all we are ever asked to do is our best. After a hard meeting it was nice to hear that I was doing my best at that moment. Yes I do long for the days where I can actually pray during the passing of the sacrament. But Heavenly Father is kind, He lets me feel the spirit, for what will impact me the most. Do your best, and have boundless joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment